The Charity is registered with the Charity Commission and the registration number is 1101230. (Section 39 of the Charities Act 2011 requires us to include this statement on all documentation relating to fundraising by the Charity).
Sections 13 and 14 of the Charities Act 2016 require larger charities to report on fundraising activities, and smaller charities are recommended to follow the same requirements. The Charity can state that:
- The Charity does not employ/use any professional fundraiser, and makes no payments for fundraising (we operate with zero costs).
- The Charity only makes contact with supporters who have confirmed that they wish to receive information, and does not send out any fundraising material to individuals who have not made prior contact with the Charity.
Every donation we receive, however large or small, is vital, as it helps us to continue our work. Although our fundraising events bring in very useful funds, we do depend on individual donations, which really do make a difference.
We have a range of different methods to receive any funding that might be available, and we hope that at least one will suit you (further details below):
- Donations by cash or cheque, which can be made to us at the address shown on the Contact Us page
- Use of our Everyclick/Give as You Live Donation page for donation by Debit/Credit card (see Everyclick/Give as You Live Donation Button below)
- Setting up a regular Standing Order
- An online donation to our Bank Account
- Using Give as You Live, either by a Reloadable Store Card, or whenever you make an online purchase
- An online donation via Amazon Smile when you make a purchase using Amazon, if you nominate Chris Westwood Charity for Children. The link is: https://smile.amazon.co.uk
- Recycle4Charity - the Charity is registered with this organisation and receives £1.00 for each used printer cartridge recycled. They provide Freepost envelopes once you have registered. The link is https://recycle4charity.co.uk
- Create your own fundraising page for an event or collection, using Everyclick/Give as You Live If you would like to create your own Fundraising page for a specific event where the money raised is for us, we have included the Everyclick/Give as You Live contact details at the bottom of this page
1. Online Donations (by Debit/Credit card) to our Give as you Live General Fundraising Page:
If you would like to donate by Debit/Credit card, could we please ask you to click on the "Give as You Live Donation" button above, which will take you to our donation page on the Everyclick/Give as You Live website.
(They make a small charge for this service with a deduction from your donation, similar to many other charity giving websites, but were selected by us because there are no initial or annual charges for the Charity).
2. Standing Orders:
Any amount from £2/month upwards is of great value to us, and only requires the completion of a Standing Order Mandate, which can be stopped, or changed, at any point in the future, should you wish.
The Standing Order Mandate can either be completed online from your Bank account (our Bank account details are below), or a paper copy of the required Bank Mandate is available on the Forms page, and we request that this is then sent directly to your Bank, so that we never see your account details.
Should you choose either method, could you please also complete a gift aid form (also available on the Forms page), if you have not already done so, as this enables us to reclaim the tax at the year end, which increase your donation by a further 25% (more details at the bottom of this page).
3. Online by Internet Bank Transfer, direct to our nominated Bank Account.
Our Bank details for Online Donations are:
HSBC Bank, Sort Code 40 - 43 - 17
Account Number 72275813
Could you please use these details for either a Regular Payment (any amount from £2/month gratefully received), or for a One-Off Donation.
Please note: although these Banking details are in the Public Domain, this is an HSBC Savings Account which has facilities to receive incoming payments, but HSBC does not permit any payments out of this account, other than by internal transfer to our Current Account. This, along with other measures in place, protects the security of this account, preventing any potential attempts to remove funds without our specific prior authorisation.
Could you please use your name as the payment reference, so that we can track the payments into our account. The value of your donation can be increased by Gift Aid, and this is reclaimed for us by Everyclick, if you tick the appropriate box, when making a donation by Credit/Debit card. However, for direct Bank transfers, cash, cheques, and Standing Orders, completion of a Gift Aid form, as described below, will allow us to reclaim an additional 25p for every £1 donated, if you are a UK taxpayer.
4. Donations from Retailers through Give as You Live, when purchases are made:
Could we suggest that you consider helping the Charity to raise funds by helping us to receive commission payments from Give as You Live whenever you make purchases both on/offline.
There are two methods by which the Charity can receive commission payments, and there are no other costs involved:
- You can set up a Shopping Homepage for your favourite online stores. Once you have registered and selected the Charity as the recipient (you only need to type "Chris Westwood Charity" into the Search box) you can enter your chosen srore group website with just a couple of clicks. You can then proceed to make any desired purchases in the normal way, including payment. By using the entry route through Give as You Live, the Charity will receive a commission payment which is typically between 1% and 3%. There are no additional costs involved, and the Charity benefits every time you purchase. You can register with as many store groups as you wish.
- You can also register for an in-store reloadable store card, for a specific store group (typically where you do the bulk of the weekly shop). Every time you top up the card with additional funding (online using your Debit card) the Charity receives the commission payment. You shop in the normal way, and instead of paying by Credit/Debit card at the checkout, you use the reloadable card. Apart from an initial fee of £2.50 for a reloadable card for your chosen store group, once set up there are no other costs and the Charity benefits every time the card is topped up.
The link to the Give as You Live website is: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/ways-to-raise.
The first section of the page allows you to set up a "Shopping Homepage" for your favourite stores, for online purchases, and if you scroll down to the third section, entitled "Buy Groceries in-Store" you can sign up for a reloadable card for a specific store group, to use in-store.
5. Donation from Amazon Smile if you are registered with Amazon.
When an online purchase is made using Amazon, you have the option of selecting a charity to receive a commission payment of 0.5% from Amazon Smile. We are registered with Amazon Smile, so anyone selecting the Chris Westwood Charity for Children to receive the payment will ensure that we receive a small commission payment related to the value of the purchase, at no cost to you. You have the option to elect any charity to receive the payment but we hope that you might consider selecting us.
To use this facility, please start your purchase at https://smile.amazon.co.uk enter the Charity name if requested, and then proceed with your purchase.
This website: https://recycle4charity.co.uk collects and recycles used printer ink cartridges, and provided you have registered and nominated your chosen charity, the charity (hopefully us) then receives £1.00 for each printer ink cartridge returned. Freepost envelopes are provided on registration, or a collection box can be requested.
7. Gift Aid:
If you are a UK tax payer, you can increase the effectiveness of your donation by completion of a gift aid declaration form, a copy of which is also available on the Forms page. If the third box down, of the three options on the form, is ticked, the completion of one form will cover all donations past, present and future. HMRC treats the donation as if the donor had already had basic rate tax deducted, and the Charity can then reclaim this tax to increase the value of the donation. The Charity will receive an additional 25p for every £1 donated, which we claim annually from HMRC.
Please then return any completed Gift Aid forms directly to us.
8. If you are organising an event or collecting for us, then you may wish to create a donation webpage, in which case could you please follow the link below:
Creating an Everyclick/Give as You Live Fundraising page:
Please click on Creating an Everyclick/Give as You Live Fundraising Page to take you to the correct page of the Everyclick Donation website. If you have any problems at all in setting up a fundraising page, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will try to provide any help necessary.
Finally, may we say thank you for considering any of the methods of raising funds for us. Without your help we would not be able to provide the help that we do.